Thursday 14 May 2015

Wake Up Call



Kittiwake colony, Dunbar Castle, East Lothian

        Being awakened at 3.30am most mornings, by a chorus of song in hindsight should annoy me; but because it's not some would be Pavarotti standing outside my bedroom window, I don't mind at all.


    The dawn chorus I awaken to, is provided by robins, blackbirds, collared doves and a few other of their feathered buddies. Their tuneful enthusiasm makes me smile, no matter what I think the day a head holds for me.

Ruins of Dunbar Castle at Dunbar Harbour

    However, after a recent visit to Dunbar, East Lothian, I was wondering what the chorus provided by the colony of Kittiwakes on the ruins of Dunbar Castle, sounds like each dawn. I think I'm just going to allow my imagination to run wild, because I have a feeling they may be a little noisier than the guys that hang around in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment