In this month's 'Author Spotlight' feature I'm happy to introduce you to US, indie author and writer of multiple genre fiction, Aaron Brinker. I was introduced to Aaron like many of my fellow author friends via the virtual world and I am delighted to have connected with him.
- Aaron, what took you on the path of writing fiction in multiple genres?
I have an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice and worked for Juvenile Corrections for four years and this is where my interest in potential crime thrillers originates. I also hold a Bachelor's in General Studies with minors in History and English Literature.
- You have written both short-stories and a book for publication to date. For those thinking of writing for publication, what made you take the plunge?
He told me whatever course I chose, I needed to write, because I had a huge amount of potential. Since then, I have been pursuing writing for publication. I was taking care of an ill parent during that time as well and I was not able to work due to the level of my father's care, so I started pursuing it for extra income while caring for him.
- Is your writing aimed at an adult only audience?
- The first short-story you published 'Regaining Power' I know contains scenes of domestic violence. What made you choose to write about this sensitive subject?
I automatically thought of a basement, followed by the usual cliche of a murder happening in the basement. From there it just went darker and darker. I finally ended up with a woman torturing and murdering her abusive husband to get free of abuse. For those who have yet to read it, I thought of another dark twist that brings it all too close to the dark reality that often happens in domestic violence situations.
- We know that writing short-stories can help a writer develop their writing skills. Did you find that writing and publishing your short-stories before your novel helped you in any way?
- The final question I have for you Aaron is one I'm sure my readers would like me to ask. What are you working on at present and will we get a chance to read it in the very near future?
Thanks Aaron, for taking the time to answer my questions, so frankly and honestly. Readers click on the links below to find out more about Aaron and where to buy his books.
Goodreads Blog :www.goodreads.com/author/show/14780578.Aaron_D_Brinker/blog
Youtube Vlog :www.youtube.com/chanel/UC2KHofPxtwH5LQpufT3KbHQ?view_as=subsciber