Wednesday 10 June 2015

Good at Heart

 
 
    I'm posting an extra post this week because last week I only published one; my excuse is that I was travelling. Lame, I know; but true. On Friday I was taking a five hour flight from the Canaries, which I do often and regularly alone; therefore I'm confident about the whole procedure that's involved in making this journey.

    But, to my constant amusement I find that I'm repeatedly, temporarily adopted by one, or more of my fellow passengers, who seem to take pity on the lone traveller.
 
 
    Just when I think that acts of kindness have exited mankind's backdoor, along comes a man, or woman who restore my faith. They make sure I know where to queue up, at the gate and what stairs to use when finally boarding.

   Instead of me being a mature  ...ty something, I happily become that wide-eyed innocent kid again. Maybe that's why I write, 'Young Adult.' Who knows?

   
     "In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."
- Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment