Wednesday 5 April 2023

Wandering

     

 

Amarilla Bay, Tenerife

     This week many walkers celebrated 'National Walking Day.' I love walking each morning, however, this week I haven't been able to do so. No I've not been a lazy girl, unfortunately after bending down to pick-up a  biscuit wrapper, which I dropped, I popped my back. Yes, it proves that eating biscuits, is bad for your health.

 

Helix Park, Falkirk

 

    I've went from a brisk walk of 35miles/56km a week, to 10miles/16km, at crawl pace. I'm on the mend now and I hope I can get up to speed next week, because, as philosopher and poet, Friedrich Nietzche wrote, 'All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.'  

 

Tajao, Tenerife

     

    Yes, it is a great time to think and additionally I need all the help  I can get to keep the pounds I pile on very easily, at bay. So, until I start walking well there will be no Easter treats for me. 

    I've included a few pictures of my favourite walks over the years, here in the Canary Islands and in Scotland. Hoping you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed being there.

 

Culross, Firth of Forth


No comments:

Post a Comment