Tuesday 20 June 2023

Here Comes the Sun

 

    April 1963, three young men from Liverpool, UK packed their suitcases and headed for Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, the Canary Islands. They had been recording their first album in the EMI studios, in Abbey Road, London and now needed a break.

    These, lads were called Paul, George and Ringo. The fourth member of the pop group, John had decided to go it alone and holiday elsewhere in Spain. Whether, you were born in 1963 or not, I'm sure you will recognize the name of the band, The Beatles.

    If you read my blog, or follow me on Instagram you will know that I’m a regular visitor to this beautiful city and when I was back there in May I couldn’t help but think about them walking the same streets and taking in the same beauty as I was.

    I’ve included a few photographs of some of the same places that I know they visited. Although sixty years on, the place has probably changed a little! 

    It’s the first time I can say  that I’ve followed in the Beatles footsteps. If you want to see any more of my photographs, catch me on Instagram @christinarowellauthor.

  Hoping you’re having a great week guys and we’ll catch up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment