Monday 16 February 2015

Family


    Because my parents knew very little about their families, other than those immediate, I traced back my family tree a number of years ago. I don't know what I expected to reveal, however I'm sure their was a little writers licence running wild in my imagination.

    I decided to do all the leg work myself and got a few surprises along the way, especially when I found out my great, great-grandfather was a ventriloquist.


    However, once I thought about it, what had I gained by the exercise? Other than satisfying my curiosity;
knowing my ancestors names and some background didn't actually change who I am today. The people in my life that I can truly call family aren't necessarily all  blood relatives; it's the love that we share that to me makes us family and gives me a sense of belonging.

P.S Afraid there were no pictures of the ventriloquist uncovered in my search!

No comments:

Post a Comment