Sunday 22 February 2015

Mother Language, Plus One

Loch Venichar, Scotland
    One of the challenges that I've embraced since spending so much time in the Canary Islands, is learning the Spanish language. Not only can I now go about my every day business a lot easier, I can communicate better with old and new friends alike. Although we are all Europeans our cultures/customs are most deifinitely an ocean apart and the mixed history of our countries has impacted our views of life.

El Medano, Canary Islands

    It's been a real eye opening experience for me, learning a new language and from 2018, The ENA - National School of Administration, the school for France's futures leaders is insisting that speaking English as well as their mother language will be an essential. Will this be an essential for all future world leaders? We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment