Wednesday 15 April 2015

His Master's Voice



    I've grown out of standing in front of my bedroom mirror, singing along to a Madonna track, into my hairbrush. Yeah, it's hard to believe, I know. However, I don't think I could write a single word if I couldn't listen to music while working.


    I listen to the radio, other times downloaded music which is so cheap to access and a great way to keep up with new releases. The music, the lyrics and most importantly the sound of the voice can set our mood, stir our emotions and the heartfelt messages just hit my creative spot. 

    Whether the recordings are digital, or on vinyl which has seen a revival in the few years, with approximately 2 million vinyl records being sold in the UK in the last year, we all love listening to human voices singing. They make us laugh, they make us cry, they make us happy and on occasion patriotic; they connect with our psyche. 

    April 16th 2015 is Worldwide Voice Day and April 18th is, Record Store Day, they have something hugely in common and that is a celebration of the voice. A celebration that we can all relate to, whatever age, creed, or colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment