Thursday 9 April 2015

Sculpting our Culture


    Wherever we live in the world, the natural landscape that surrounds us very much dictates as to how our individual cultures have developed over the years.



    The indigenous population have settled where they can grow their crops, be near a source of drinking water and keep their animals. But to do so, mankind has also had to work hand in hand with the terrain that surrounds him.


    To sustain human life we know we will have to continue to do so and help others who struggle to work within their landscape, that's if we want to continue to remain residents and the custodians of this planet.

   
    There are times I take a sharp intake of breath when I look around the two places I spend most of my time, Scotland and the Canaries,  and if I could thank my fellow human beings who have helped carve these parts of the world I most certainly would. But, that's impossible so I just want to thank them  here and now. Thank you .


No comments:

Post a Comment