Thursday 7 April 2016

Great Expectations

 

    It's still a little crazy around here, with the date for us moving into our new home nearly upon us. Trying to pack up my books and photographs has been quite a challenge, but nearly done.

    One old book I came across, I want to share with you; it is a battered, old, abridged edition of Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens.

    The book itself has little, or no value; however what I found jammed amidst its yellowed, dog-eared pages filled me with joy. It was a sprig of dried heather, that my grand-mother gave to me, more than forty-years ago.

    As for the rest of my belongings I still have to pack, I have no real great expectations of finding another treasure like this.

 

Book publisher: Dean and Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment