Monday 4 February 2019

Gong Hei Fat Choy!





    The year that has already begun on January 1st, I've decided as it didn't start too well for me it was just a preliminary for the year that is beginning tomorrow. That means the bit of bad luck that I encountered four weeks ago is last years news.

    It is both the start of a new lunar year and more importantly for 20% of the World's population, Tuesday, February the 5th is the start of a brand new year.

    Each year of the Chinese calendar is symbolised by an animal and this year it is the year of the pig an animal which has a fabulous personality and is blessed with good fortune in its life. Coincidentally, or not  I was desperately needing something to attract my partners attention when I'm in need of help and the little guy pictured above is what hubby brought home from the supermarket the other day.

    I just squeeze his little pink squidgy body and he lets out a great big honk. (The pig I mean and not my husband.) Confined to sitting on my butt all day means I need lots of help and of course sustenance. Although I think I will give the dumplings which is traditional for the Chinese to consume in abundance at this time of year. Otherwise, I'll be rolling around rather than hopping.

    Have a fabulous week guys and a Happy New Year, Gong hei fat choy!


No comments:

Post a Comment