Friday 7 February 2020

Best-laid Plans

   

    Hello again. Remember me? Yeah, I'm the author who used to write regular blogs. For the the last year plus, I haven't been around much online. My writing life has been topsy-turvy; yes, confusing and filled with disorder. I am in general a fairly organised person, however best-laid plans don't always go as planned. Yes, in the words of Robert Burns, " The best laid schemes o' mice an' men, gang aft a gley."

    And mine definitely went wrong. I wrote at the beginning of last year about my move to the Canary Islands, Spain and due to the small problem of a broken ankle my planned journey of 3000 miles was delayed somewhat. Therefore, instead of moving January 2019 I didn't actually reach my paradise island until April 2019.

    Since then I have tell you that my writing has been on the back burner. Putting a pen to paper and my fingers to a keyboard  has been sporadic. My words haven't dried up, I have just babbled more verbally than I have typed. Ask my partner.

    My beloved PC, my writing amigo, didn't enjoy being boxed up, squeezed into a container and rocked about on the decks of a ship. Finally, reaching its new home to find itself stuck in a box for 9 months, or so. It has now made full recovery with a little TLC, and settled down on a new workstation. We are now long lost friends reunited and our mutual agony has come to an end.

    If you are a new reader joining me today for the first time, welcome. If you are a temporary, abandoned, reader I would like to thank you for your continued support and hopefully you will carry on dropping by.

    Happy weekend.

    

   

1 comment: