Thursday 13 June 2013

The Gaudi Way

  
Barcelona,Spain
    Writing to me is all about drawing pictures with words and visiting beautiful places is something that I find stimulates my creative juices to no end. Yes of course reading does, but I don't know if it's because I write fantasy that I find that visual experiences just seem to have the edge.

La Sagrada Familia, Roman Catholic Church
    Barcelona, Spain is one such city that really is a fantasy author's dream, well this fantasy author anyway and it's all down to one man Antonio Gaudi. Gaudi was a Spanish architect who had great vision and his designs fill the streets and parks of Barcelona. Two such places are La Sagrada Familia and Park Guell, both sites demonstrate the man's creativity.

  Work commenced 1882 on La Sagrada Familia and still continues to this day
 
 
Street in Barcelona
    I hope you enjoy the pictures of his creations, some I know have already influenced some of my writing. Does visiting new places get your mind racing?

Mosaic Dragon at the entrance of Park Guell

The Mind House in Park Guell
 

Doric Columns and mosaics in Park Guell
 
 
Birds Nests area in Park Guell, stone carved to imitate tree trunks
 
Gaudi's Home now a museum in Park Guell

1 comment: