Monday 27 October 2014

Fateful Meetings



     I don't particularly like travelling alone and if the flight is delayed, hanging around in the departure lounge on your own can be a real pain in the butt.

    So last week with Hurricane Gonzalez approaching the UK, it was inevitable that my flight to Tenerife would be just that.

    Fortunately it was only for a couple of hours, but nevertheless my plans on arrival in the Canaries had been disrupted. I was no longer going to be picked up at the airport and I was now unable to meet up with friends as anticipated, I was feeling slightly disgruntled to say the least.

    When I finally boarded flight I decided to get into a more positive frame of mind, after all I was now at least on the plane. I had been allocated an aisle seat and it wasn't too long before my two travel companions, for the next five hours anyway,  arrived to take their seats beside me.

    Once up in the air it wasn't long before we got chatting and for one reason, or another we were all three females travelling on our own. As we chatted we found we had many things in common and the hours just disappearedand in fact I was kind of sorry to say goodbye.

    I very much believe that chance meetings like this are fate and although I'm not sure why we were meant to meet, I'm very glad we did.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment