Sunday 19 July 2015

Every Picture Tells a Story


    The other week I was having coffee with a friend  and she was telling me as to how she had spent her week decorating and decluttering her apartment. She told me that she had been ruthless in cleaning out the drawers and wardrobes in her home, leaving no stone unturned.

    However, there were some things she couldn't bear to throw away and they were the drawings that her children and grandchildren had done for her over the years. She said that before they had grasped reading, writing, she encouraged them to draw her pictures to get their point over and communicate as to how their day or week had gone.

    I've included a picture of the tree I was looking at while chatting to her in the pavement cafe and it's true what she said it's not just words that tell a story.

2 comments:

  1. I have a barrel-shaped, side table with a lid. It's filled with special papers and art projects my kids did over the years. No one else knows they're there, but I do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just can't give up the box of my daughter's artwork. :-)

    ReplyDelete