Saturday 5 March 2016

Packing Up



    No, I'm not about to throw in the towel and give up on my writing; I'm getting ready to move home in a month, or so. I'm moving from the countryside to live in a town and it has been so long since I've been a townie that I can honestly say I'm a little apprehensive.

    However, I haven't had too much time to dwell on my fears, because I'm packing up what seems to be a never-ending collection of belongings.

    Every time I open a cupboard, or a drawer I seem to come across something that brings back wonderful memories. Cards celebrating, special birthdays, wedding day, and anniversaries, all of which I have had many. Except for the wedding days that is.

    But, it is all a little problematic because I'm finding that I'm sitting-down reading the cards, instead of dropping them into the recycling bin as my partner urges me to do.

    However, today is another day and I'm standing proud because I've binned the collection of VHS tapes that have been gathering dust for years in the attic. After all, what use are the tapes without a VCR machine? It packed up and left many years ago.


    Thinking forward to tomorrow, I have a feeling I might not have such a carefree attitude though, because I'm going to clear out the study. HELP!

 

   
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment