Thursday 26 May 2016

File uploaded

 

    I've nearly finished a manuscript I've been working on for some time, but I'm a little undecided as to the ending. I have two, and while I mull over which way to go I've decided to take a step back from this piece for a few weeks.

    Now, I'm not about to sit back and relax, because I've got a manuscript I completed many years ago which I'm about to edit and dissect carefully. Although I did have a publisher who wanted to publish it, I neither liked the terms they were offering, or felt once I did some background research on them that they were someone I could happily work with.

    Yes, as they were the only interested party I was very tempted, however I had to be true to me and turning it down was never something I regretted. I was tempted to make all the sheets of paper into paper aeroplanes but I did the next best thing, bound up the file and stored it away.

    I know much more now than I did back then about writing (hopefully), and I think there is no better time than now to look at it with a fresh pair of eyes.

    File uploaded time to find a quiet corner.






 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment