Tuesday 3 May 2016

Rules of Engagement




    I got the key's to my new home last Friday and over the weekend it was time  to roll up my sleeves, remove the tired old floor coverings and wash down the paintwork before the decorators moved in on Monday.

    The house itself is around 100-years-old and although through the years modernisation has taken place there are still remnants of its original charm in tact. There are also hints of the age group of some of the previous occupants hidden away in little nooks and crannies.

    One gem I came across is within a cupboard in the main bedroom, written in childish handwriting in faded, red ink, was a list titled, 'Rules for undying love.'

Rule 1  : First you need to find a cute boy and attract his attention.
Rule 2  : If he isn't interested, remember there are plenty of other boys.
Rule 3  : He needs to think you are special and takes no notice of other girls.
Rule 4  : IMPORTANT, Dad needs to like him.

If all the above rules are met, you will have undying love.

    I couldn't help but think of, Megan Trainor's hit, 'Dear future husband', when I read this and thought how wonderful innocence is.

No comments:

Post a Comment