Monday 10 April 2017

Oh Brother!



    Siblings Day is today and if you haven't heard of it before, join the club. It's a day to celebrate your brothers and sisters and while I think the bond I have with my brothers should be celebrated, I'm not so sure if it's just another money-spinning idea.

    I am the oldest in the family and I can honestly say that when we were kids, there were times they were the most annoying individuals I had to contend with. I know the feeling was mutual, even although I was perfect.

    Seriously though, now we're all grown up I do appreciate the strong bond we have. Even if we haven't seen or spoken for a while, when we meet up it seems we were together the day before. Conversation flows, no holds barred.

    Recently, I was lucky enough to spend a few days away with one of them and it was wonderful. It was fantastic to relax in each others company and catch-up.

    Is one day enough to set aside to celebrate our siblings? No, if we are lucky enough to have brothers and sisters, we should make time regularly to acknowledge our tie, no matter where we are or what we are doing.



P.S.
There is no family resemblance to the little family in the picture!

    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment