Thursday 24 August 2017

By Failing to Prepare, You are Preparing to Fail




    I have spent the last month in the Canary Islands and I feel a little guilty as I have done very little writing.  However, I have done lots of reading and that has been perfect bliss. My blogs have went out timeously during that period, but that wasn't by chance that was due to good preparation.

    However, as I assumed my life would be back to normal on my return to Scotland, I didn't outline, or write any posts for this week. That's where I slipped up. Nothing drastic has happened, but my family had plans for my home coming. No, not celebratory plans; plans that meant I had to go and sit in their home while workmen descended upon their property.

    Workmen, hammering, sawing and plastering around me, most certainly did not create the environment that I need to get down to work. Thankfully, my duties have ceased, for the moment anyway that is and I can get back to work.

    I have second edits to do on a manuscript now and prepare the next few weeks blogs, before I am  called upon again. Preparation, of all kinds is a huge part of a writers life and essential. As the Benjamin Franklin quote goes, "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."

No comments:

Post a Comment