Thursday 31 August 2017

By yon Bonnie banks and By yon Bonnie Braes

    
 
    The skirl of the bagpipes welcomed guests to, Duck Bay, on the southern shores of Loch Lomond at the weekend and as a proud Scot my skin tingled on hearing the piper's lament. The tear's welled up into my eyes and my blood rushed through my veins as though in acknowledgement of the pride I feel to be Scottish.


    It was a day that initially made me want to cuddle up on the sofa with a good book, however, I was in dire need of some exercise. We jumped into the car with no real idea where we were heading and finally arrived in one of the most beautiful locations in Scotland.

     The sky was blue and the wind whipped the black, rain laden clouds, quickly over. Allowing the partakers of water-sports to have some fun and parent swans to take their signet for a leisurely swim. I quickly started snapping some photographs of the loch and if on cue, the piper began to play an old, folk-lore favourite, Loch Lomond.  A traditional song that is still being played and sung all over the world, the lyricist unfortunately remains unknown.

        I wish I could include a sound track to accompany my pictures. But, that's impossible and I certainly wouldn't share my untuneful, singing voice. Therefore, if you just sing, "You'll take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll be in Scotland afore you." Get the idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment