Sunday 27 January 2013

The Great Escape

    The weather throughout the world in the last couple of weeks  has been all over the place. In the UK, as temperatures plummeted in some areas to minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit, the wintry conditions caused transport chaos, as the airports and main roads closed. Now forecasters warn that floods are imminent in locations in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland due to the snow thawing and the heavy rain that's replacing the snow.

    Across the pond in the U.S.A, 13 states face a deep freeze, with the temperature in some places dropping to minus 25 degrees Fahrenheit on Thursday.

    Then travelling down under to Australia the temperature there has reached highs of 50 degrees centigrade, with tropical cyclones and tornadoes causing destruction.

    Whatever weather  we're trying to escape, staying indoors on some occasions is advisable. For me that's when I settle down with a good book,escaping the world about me. Because, when I read a book I experience anything I want to. I can escape from the snow, to a sun soaked beach in a few minutes and if I'm too warm, I can relax my mind in a cooler place.

    What else other than a book allows us to do this ?

One Minute the Snow


The Next a Sun Soaked Beach

   

No comments:

Post a Comment