Thursday 3 October 2013

A Celebration of Words

   



    In the UK yesterday it was National Poetry Day, a campaign to celebrate poetry. I am a day late, but it's never too late to honor any form of the written word. Is it?

My Dream
 
 
I saw her as an angel fair, with sparkling eyes of blue
With cheeks like blossomed roses, and lips pf reddish hue
Her body formed like Venus, as graceful as a Queen
I never thought I'd find a girl, like the angel of my dream
 
But then you came into my life
Bringing with you boundless joy
My angel soon will be my wife
And life together we'll enjoy
 
I still dream of my angel fair
With sparkling eyes of blue
But now I know my angel's name
Margaret dear, it's you
 

                                           M.S.M copyright C.R
 

      My uncle wrote this poem in declaration of his love for my aunt and I shared the opening verse of it with you earlier in the year. Sadly they are both no longer with us, but his words and love live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment