Thursday 6 July 2017

Meet Dan Pierce

       

    Today I'd like to introduce my main character in the Salvation series, Dan Pierce. Dan and I go way back and I know everything there is to know about him. You could even say I know more about him than he knows about himself.
    However, seventeen-year-old Dan, has kindly agreed to do an exclusive interview for my blog, because he wants his voice to be heard and make new friends amongst readers. 
   

Me:  Hi Dan, thanks for this exclusive interview today.

DP:  Hey Christina, it's a pleasure as always, for us both to get together again and have a chat. We've
known each other for eight, or nine years now. Although you didn't introduce me to your friends until four years ago. I don't know why you waited so long. Maybe you were ashamed of me!

Me:  Blame the publishing industry. Dan you were enlisted to help in the fight against Satan's dark forces who have been spreading misery and destruction on Earth, in return for your salvation. Would you like to tell everyone which towns you've visited so far, as a probationary angel?

DP:  My adventure started in Phoenix, Arizona and once my work was finished there, I moved onto
Tuktoyaktuk in the Northern Territories of Canada. The Devil's disciples were hard at work in both those places.

Me:  So, where are you living now and what are you up to?

DP:  Oh, I'm living here and there. Having some chill time at present. It's not easy being a devil slayer
at times and after my trip to Canada I needed some downtime. Which I've been kindly allowed to
have.

Me: What do you do when you're not tackling evil?

DP:  I love soccer, white water rafting, listening to rock music and reading.

Me: You say reading is an interest, any books that have had an impact on you?

DP: A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway for sure. While I was at Wingate High, I was chosen for
the lead role in an end of term performance based on the book. All I'm willing to say is that the performance uncovered a few devilish surprises. At present I'm re-reading Milton's epic poem, Paradise Lost. Although, I did need a bit of persuasion to read it again. Mikey, I mean Archangel Michael told me it was a particular favourite of his and relevant to our line of work. Hey-ho, each to their own.

Me:You didn't mention the bible. Aren't you a religious guy?

DP: Of course, I am. I've enlisted in God's army, not only because I want my salvation. But, because I
believe that good must conquer evil.

Me:Who has greatly influenced you since coming to Earth?

DP:Like lots of other teenagers I need a little guidance and that's where my guardian, Sylvia Angell stepped in. She keeps me up to the mark. I can't hide anything from her.

Me:Who is your best friend?

DP:It's impossible for me to have lasting relationships with humans, because I'm a spirit. But, while on
Earth one of my closest friends, was a guy called Paul Mitchum. I miss him. I believe your readers had the chance to read part of his story previously on your blog.

Me:Yes, they did and can still do so by checking the archives. What about girls Dan?

DP: What about them?

Me: Any romance in your life?

DP: Romance kind of gets in the way of what I'm trying to achieve. But, I've had my moments, as readers will find out. Right now, I do have  a special place in my heart for another spirit. However, we need to take it, 'despacito.'

Me:Is there anything that particularly makes you angry?

DP:Nothing makes me fly into a rage. But, I do have it in my power to help people who find themselves
in what seems impossible situations. I have zero tolerance for people who want to harm others in any shape or form. Bullies for example and predators, which includes sexual who prey on the vulnerable.

Me:Are you scared of anything?

DP:Lots of things. But, having goals in my angelic life help push me on. I have two important goals, the
first one being that I will be granted my salvation and be able to call myself an angel one day. Secondly, that a page on God's data base will be found with my real name on it. My page in the, Book of Life.

Me: Hopefully, one day Dan, one day. Is there anything else you would like to say to the reader?

Dan:Yes, Christina. I would only ask that you lovely readers check out my adventures. The good news you don't have to be a teenager to become my friend. Whatever age you are, let's all become good friends.
     







Please note this work is purely fictional and names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author's imagination, or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons living, or dead is entirely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment