Monday 27 January 2014

My Gothic Interest

   
York Minster, York, England
      Death, Heaven, Hell, angels and demons feature in my published novel, Salvation No Kissing Required and in my current works in progress.

La Seu, Palma, Mallorca, Spain
    Therefore it won't be any surprise to you I'm sure, that I like to read books where death has a habit of cropping up. I'm especially a lover of Gothic or fiction with Gothic influences. Some of my favourite authors are Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Edgar Allan Poe, Daphne Du Maurier and Stephen King.

York Minster, second largest Gothic Cathedral in Northern Europe

    So, searching through my stock of photographs the other day I don't know why it came as a surprise to me, that my love of the Gothic style doesn't stop at literature. It seems I have a great interest in Gothic architecture too. After all the years I've been around, I had no idea until now. It goes to show you can learn something new every day, even about yourself.
   

    La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment