Friday 17 January 2014

Thursday the day after Friday

   

    I try to stay ahead of the game and I normally prepare my blog on a Thursday. But Thursdays recently have turned into the most annoying days of the week. Something always turns up and interferes with my routine.
   
    It's not that I haven't been motivated to get started, I'm chomping at the bit to write. However there seems to be little gremlins living in my home that only come out to play on a Thursday. They stir up mischief for their fun and my irritation.

    Three Thursdays in a row my server crashed and after contacting the telecommunication company involved they could give me no reason as to why my broadband failed to work on a Thursday. The customer service representative on the help desk, giggled and suggested that my house may be haunted.

    So when yesterday morning arrived and my broadband was working I cheered. Until ..... the gremlins asked the cold callers to call me. Firstly they tried to sell me solar heating panels. Then came along the central heating companies with their great sale, one time offer of gas heating boilers. Hmm. Problem there, we can't get gas where I live. Then.... on and on and on. Yawn... if I told you the endless list of everyone who called me, boredom will set in.

    Yes I could have ignored the telephone or left the answer machine on, however I was expecting a couple of  important calls. The communications did arrive much later in the day, but by email. Thank goodness the gremlins hadn't decided to tamper with my hub this week.

    Over the weekend I'm going to try and hatch a plan that will fool those little tricksters into believing that Thursday is the day after Friday. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment