Friday 30 January 2015

Bitterness can turn to Sweet.






   The last two weeks have been rather eventful, well eventful for me anyway, as life usually moves on in dodge along mode. Some fantastic things have occurred, whilst one little nasty incident left a rather bitter taste in my mouth.

    I'll tell you about the nasty bit first; there's no other way of putting it other than a guy and a woman attempted to steal the contents of my handbag. However, I caught him just as he had taken my mobile and whether it was an adrenalin rush, or a moment of madness , that made me tackle him I have no idea, but I did manage to grab it back from him.

    The commotion that I caused meant that they decided to flee before the police arrived and no real harm was done, other than his bruised ego and butt that my partner kicked.  The actual mobile is worthless and the lipstick that was the only other thing in my bag, wasn't his shade, so he picked the wrong girl.

    Staying positive, was my New Year's resolution, and since that day all the nice things that have happened have outweighed this occurrence.

    Starting with me being asked to be a speaker at a local Burns Supper. My speech, ' To the Immortal Memory,' went down well and I met lots of lovely new people, which is an author's delight.

    Secondly, after running into old friends a couple of weeks ago, I was asked to go along to a charity bingo afternoon a couple of days later and while I left empty handed I had a great day out. It was mostly females that went to the bingo, and most of the male partners and friends decided to retire to a local bar where we all met up later.

    Once we gathered together, the wine flowed and one of the men had made some tasty food, which included sausage rolls, and corned beef pie to share amongst us. Superb fun was had by all and the bitter taste has now been replaced by sweet.

    Sorry no pictures today I didn't have one that fitted the bill, most wanted posters, headed Bandito, are rather hard to come by.


#bitter
#sweet
#humor

No comments:

Post a Comment