Thursday 27 August 2015

Taking Time to Reflect



    All around us there is hustle bustle; walking in the shopping mall, down the main street of our towns and it proves difficult to keep everyone else's noise from interfering in our own space. Every route seems to lead us to repetitive music or bargains of the day blaring over tannoys.

    We stick our iPhone earphones in our ears hoping that our favourite tunes will drown out the noise of car horns and revving engines.

    I know I enjoy background music playing when I'm writing, however there are times it's great to sit in silence. Finding a secluded spot in the local park or sitting in the quietest room in the house I can take time to ponder and reflect.

    I can put the world to rights, my life and maybe even come up with some great ideas that otherwise I wouldn't have if I hadn't taken that moment to switch off.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment