Tuesday 31 January 2017

Time to Put Pen to Paper

 


 I was approached by a friend of a friend the other day, looking for advice on becoming a writer. I explained to her that if she truly does want to be a writer, she has to not just write, but read also.

    At present her children's stories are committed to memory and as we all know there are occasions when our memory can file things away in the deep dark depths, never to be found again. Similar to not saving a file on the PC, when you have finished. Disaster.

    Another piece of advice I gave her was that her ideas, snippets of thought, even single sentences that flash into her head have to be jotted down. Carry a note-book and pen at all times.

I hope she takes head of some of the things I said and realises that it is time to put her pen to paper.

   

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment