Monday 31 December 2012

Auld Lang Syne


   
    Well, the year 2012 is nearly over. At this time of year the question that Scottish poet, Robert Burns, posed 'Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind?' flashes into my head.
   
    His words make me think about the new friends I've made over the past year, the love I have for my family and long term friends that surround me. Not excluding those who are in far off places and definitely not forgetting those who are no longer on this earth.

    I also look ahead to the new year that's about to dawn, with mixed emotions. If my emotions were a cocktail it would be excitement based, with a good shot of apprehension mixed in, as a safety net. But whatever is in store for you may it be happy, prosperous and may you fulfil your dreams. Have a wonderful 2013.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment