Tuesday 11 December 2012

I'm Back


Mount Teide Highest Point in Spain
    If you're a regular visitor to my blog, thanks for sticking around whilst I took a break from online activity for two weeks. To my new visitors a big 'Hello', I'm glad you decided to stop by.

    Where have I been the last couple of weeks? The Canary Islands, Spain, 65  miles off the African west coast.

     What have I been doing? Firstly: escaping from the not so nice British weather, which is minus 3 degrees today. Secondly and most importantly : taking time to concentrate on a couple of new projects.

Amarilla Bay
     Whilst I was basking in the warm Canarian, winter sunshine and listening to my MP3, my little brain was working overtime. Several pens ran dry of ink and notepads were filled with hopefully worthwhile notes and ideas.

    Its a trip I make several times a year, finances permitting. The novelty for me is that I'm writing the draft of this post 37,000 feet in the air; looking down into the blue sea below with the coast of Madeira on my left. I would also like to add that I'm in an aeroplane.

    A recent announcement made by a member of the cabin crew,  caused a wry smile to cross my lips. She informed me and my fellow travellers that the lights in the cabin were about to be dimmed. Now I didn't smirk because of the dimming of the lights, but because she added, 'If any of you want to carry on doing an old fashioned thing like reading a book, you can use the light that can be found in the overhead panel." Maybe you would have to be here to see the funny side!

Paella
    So, I'm back and I thought I would share a couple of pictures with you of the country I've grown to love. Not forgetting the food. Oh, and my blog will be updated Mondays and Fridays. I'll see you again Friday then. Hasta luego!



 

 
   

   

   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures--wish I could have a taste of the paella! And I'm glad you had a good trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paella was wonderful and its a beautuful country that I just wanted to share. Thanks Lynn

    ReplyDelete