Friday 15 February 2013

Say It With Handwritten Words

    So, yesterday was Saint Valentine's Day, a day when lovers exchange gifts, cards and flowers.The occasion is a huge money spinner for stationers, florists and lingerie shops. But, do we actually need an overpriced gift, or card to tell someone how much we love them?

    What about just putting pen to paper and writing down how we feel about our lover. Forget the gaudy cards, text messages and the emails, heart felt handwritten words can express much more.

    Here are some words that were sent to my Aunt by her husband over 50 years ago. Following their deaths I was lucky enough to be entrusted with all of the hand-written notes they exchanged in their sixty years together. These letters I will treasure forever, just as they did. I hope you enjoy this little glimpse of a man's love for his wife.

    I saw her as an angel, fair with sparkling eyes of blue,
    With cheeks like blossomed roses, and lips of reddish hue,
    Her body formed like Venus, as graceful as a Queen,
    I never thought I'd find a girl, like the angel of my dream.

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! My husband and I exchange handmade cards. He's the artist, and I tend to go for literary quotes.

    ReplyDelete